19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

We are so proud.
So exciting! I'm sitting here with my 3.5 year old daughter and she said, "Did that boy get a chicken egg like me?" we have two RIR that are about 24 weeks. one started laying a week ago and she has given us five eggs! The other one has been sitting on the boxes singing the egg song for the last two days. Then we have ten mixed breeds who are 19 weeks and their combs have turned very red the last week. hoping for some more eggs soon. We ate that last three store bought ones yesterday so these ladies better hurry up!

I keep telling my chickens they need to lay now....but it doesn't work.
lau.gif
So I just go to my moms house and take her fresh eggs, thats what parents are for right? My hens are all around 19-20 weeks, a production red, silver campine, sicilian buttercup, EE, BSL. The only ones with wattles or combs are the buttercup and campine but they have had theirs for weeks, not getting any redder, still just pinkish. My roo is getting frisky with the buttercup but still no eggs. I guess when I don't expect it it will happen.
Oh yeah, I was threatening mine with the crockpot......waking up to find themselves surrounded by dumplings...that sort, but mine layed pretty early thankfully. 16 1/2-21 weeks. But no worries, 20 weeks is still on the younger side for most breeds. Soooooon!!!

sometimes you got to grab the chicken turn her upside down and squeze the abdomen towards the vent and an egg might come out, but if you actually do it im not responsible for what migth happen to your chickens lol

No, seriously, just take out your crockpot and walk around the yard banging on it with a ladle and shouting threats until they all herd into the nest boxes.....BWAHAHAAAA
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom