19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

MEEE! Mine are 18 weeks. Got a New Hapshire Red a Buff Orphington an Amaracauna a blue laced wyandotte and a Golden Comet. So far the Buff has squatted twice when I walked up to her and the New Hampshire Red has a huge comb and waddles and has been shecking out the nest boxes. So naturally Ive been checking for eggs twice a day!
lol.png

Well my 8 are 20 weeks. Last Saturday I got a small olive colored egg presumably from one of the E.E. Sunday another olive colored egg. Both in the coop. Monday I found a larger egg laying in the yard but it had no shell. Pretty much a membrane w/ a yoke. Nothing else since. I'm a little baffled? When I get home and turn them out usually around 5 pm a couple of the girls will stray off on there own into the woods. I'm thinking they me be laying out there???Any thoughts?
idunno.gif

20 weeks today, and no eggs! I have 12 pullets of varying breeds. My old hen laid an egg the other day and immediately the Dark Cornish pullet jumped on it, broke it and ate it with the speed of lightning, so I am wondering if she is eating eggs that they might have laid.
barnie.gif
ep.gif

I have 4 ladies of approx 19 weeks - it is hard to be certain though!
We have no eggs yet! Excitedly waiting!:lol:these will be my first! Eeeeeee!

I have 12 pullets I am waiting on they are born Feb 6th so that makes them 20 weeks and trying to patiently wait. I need them to start laying so I can get rid of the old ladies in the flock.

I am sort of patiently waiting on mine too! I have 14 Black Star born around March 1 and 2 Ameracaunas born around April 1. My 1yr olds are giving me about 14 eggs everyday. My 3 EE rarely miss a day. So come on girls get laying!

20 weeks today, and no eggs! I have 12 pullets of varying breeds. My old hen laid an egg the other day and immediately the Dark Cornish pullet jumped on it, broke it and ate it with the speed of lightning, so I am wondering if she is eating eggs that they might have laid.
barnie.gif
ep.gif
Oh man if she is that would be terrible! Did she gobble it up without a trace of leftovers? I'd send her to the boiling pot!

Well my 8 are 20 weeks. Last Saturday I got a small olive colored egg presumably from one of the E.E. Sunday another olive colored egg. Both in the coop. Monday I found a larger egg laying in the yard but it had no shell. Pretty much a membrane w/ a yoke. Nothing else since. I'm a little baffled? When I get home and turn them out usually around 5 pm a couple of the girls will stray off on there own into the woods. I'm thinking they me be laying out there???Any thoughts?
idunno.gif
Mine have always stayed pretty close together, I'd be suspicious if one or two strayed off...

Back
Top Bottom