19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

My buffs did not lay until 23 weeks, my astrolorps at 22 weeks , it just depends. Depending on the breed you may be waiting longer. I have 19 week old pullets, one laid 2 days ago 3 more the same age and nothing.

same here. We have 6 pullets of 3 different breeds we got back in late February and we are waiting patiently for eggs! Even put the "fake" egg in the nesting box to show them and nothing! Thought my Golden Comet would be producing by now.
sad.png

4-28 mine were 14weeks old. still no eggs going on 25 weeks. Good food, greens every now and then, some scratch, LOTS of water, clean nest boxes, good ventilation, no preditor problems, fenced covered yard. Nothing.
Take the nothing back. Chicken and dumplings in the near future.

Last edited:
Do they sleep in the coop at night? Do you have a dummy egg in the nest boxes?
yes they sleep in the run area they roost outside of the coop..I have some golf balls n there nesting boxes. I move them around and the hens will always pull them all together. Its kind of cute! yea sure enough again today i turn em out to range and a orpington goes directly to the woods...Im thinking of leaving them pinned up the entire weekend and see what happens.

4-28 mine were 14weeks old. still no eggs going on 25 weeks. Good food, greens every now and then, some scratch, LOTS of water, clean nest boxes, good ventilation, no preditor problems, fenced covered yard. Nothing.
Take the nothing back. Chicken and dumplings in the near future.
i agree...mine may also be stew soon. there just eating and not living up to there end of the deal!

yes they sleep in the run area they roost outside of the coop..I have some golf balls n there nesting boxes. I move them around and the hens will always pull them all together. Its kind of cute! yea sure enough again today i turn em out to range and a orpington goes directly to the woods...Im thinking of leaving them pinned up the entire weekend and see what happens.
Thats what I would do
big_smile.png

Shane17- id go with your idea and just lock them in for a few days. if they are laying then theyd have to do it eventually :)

Do yall have any "squatting" yet? Mine arent :(
I have one squatter :) Every time for the last couple days I walk into the run she acts all startled and squats right where she is. So I pet her. She, out of all my chickens, hates to be touched so I think its really funny. She's like in some sort of coma haha.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom