19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

celebrate.gif

Andromeda laid her 3rd egg today. So far she has been a one egg every other day girl. Now if Persephone gets off her tail feathers and starts laying every other day on Andromeda's off days, I could have a blue or green egg every day of the week
big_smile.png

Bruce

That's so cool. I wish I had gotten a colored layer
hmm.png

I've been lucky, for now my two layers are pretty much everyday with one day off a week or so. Maybe too early to think it's their pattern only been a couple weeks from first egg.

I know it doesn't look it, but a GREEN egg!!!! My EEs are FINALLY laying. I'm so proud posting pictures everywhere. I found it under my cochin/silkie broody. She kept it warm and safe until I got home. Yaay for the big girls laying!!!!!
wee.gif

Is "Red" a Rhode Island? Perchance? ;)  My Ginger AKA "Crockpot" was the nastiest little snot to my duck hens when I first put them together, she definately has the temper of my group, and mom and I threatened her plenty of times before she started laying...sometimes even twice a day now. And her attitude towards the ducks has lessened somewhat but she will still try to get anything away from them that they find, even if she doesn't really want it, even things she picks up and drops, if they find it she wants it back....she used to be a horrible food guard too, but they have learned to eat their breakfast and dinner before the chickens come back in to roost....smart little duckies.

No she is actually a New Hampshire Red! I hope my Rhodies are better behaved!

My 2wk old chicks DIVING into their morning FF. 2 of them spent the night UNDER the Pallet house instead of Inside w/Momma. One of the black chicks is turning out to be a Barred Rock as I suspected, male. Still haven't figured out where the White chick came from as I've no egg laying white hen or white Roo. Although my Barred Rock Roo is 1/2 Light Brahma mix so that's the only thing I can think of. (He LOOKS like a BR)

Any feathers on the feet of the white one?

Mine are getting so close. Both are EEs and one is mating with my bantam rooster and the other one goes in and out of nesting boxes and has a bright red face. I am getting so eggcited for my first colorful eggs!!!

Back
Top Bottom