19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

January babies now seven months and NO eggs! Its funny for months every day faithfully I go and look for those eggs twice a day hoping to see just one....and nothing. It's becoming quite funny to me how excited one can be over EGGS! Truley gives me a refreahing chuckle. I feel like a kid sometimes, kinda nice though. When the day does come I can only imagine the reaction well all have.
Almost all my hens laid at 22 weeks old.
Diff breeds too'...so 19-20 isnt that late. they try and set and cluck a lot longer than you think before an egg And sometimes I found it was a roo clucking????
Latest was my Lavender Amercauna hen but she was at 6-7 months and id heard many Ams lay at 9 months so I was happy..

Last edited:
Big Mama one of my RSL started squating yesterday. My other 4 girls her age, 2 RSL and 2 RIW don't even look close yet. I too have been out in the coop at least 3 times today and I am sure I will continue to do until that 1st egg arrives. This is our first time raising chickens and I can't wait until they all start laying. We have 18 hen (i think) and 1 cockerel, all ranging in ages from 17 wks to 4wks.
Have their combs turned red.?..first sign its getting closer Then the loud blucking then the wait days more ...LOL

She squatted for us for the first time yesterday. She is now 24 weeks old. Can't wait!
If Sienna is the silver laced she isn't close yet Her comb hasnt turned red.it might not get much bigger not sure about that. but her comb will turn red as she matures and is getting ready to lay and then she will start to bluck bluck then it will be a couple more weeks The other RIR? looks ready to me. looking at her comb

If the silver laced is a Laced Brahma mine was pretty late before she layed.

Last edited:
Have their combs turned red.?..first sign its getting closer Then the loud blucking then the wait days more ...LOL
Big Moma's comb is red and her waddle is in. She is now checking out the nest box we have set up and still squatting. No song or egg yet. Soon I hope. The other girls only have half the comb she does and their waddle is just starting to appear, so I know they have a ways to go. My DH laughs at me just telling me to be patient, but he knows good and well I am not a patient person so why would this be any different.
he.gif

My welsummer laid her first egg last Saturday. I, of course, was out of town. These are her first 3 eggs laid and then she skipped a day, but I got one today. So far her pattern is one brown egg with spots followed by a dark egg without spots. She laid on the floor of the coop her first day, then in the box ever since. Funny that she uses the box that the other 3 don't use. Maybe I should just put her name on it. She was 25 1/2 weeks old.

Last edited:
. This is my light Sussex. No eggs yet, but very anxiously waiting!

. My black sex link. She has such a red comb and waddle, but sadly still be eggs.

14 chickens, all 19 1/2 weeks and no signs of eggs. Could they be eating them and I not know?

My guess is that your black sex link will be first. She looks like she's no more than a couple of weeks shy of laying her first egg. None of my girls laid before 24 weeks. You have to be patient about these things.

Last edited:
Well, the day has finally come! We got our first egg Monday after returning home with two new chickens from the auction. After my sons and I returned home we walked down to the coop to put the new hens in. Don't you know, there was a beautiful fresh egg waiting for us. I have to say she did a great job. The egg was a really nice size, not as small as I expected. It was really quite perfect. My oldest son and I had our breath taken away, he did a bit of a happy dance. Now we are waiting for the other two to start laying also.

My five chicks were 19 weeks old yesterday and the Easter Egger laid the first egg as a sort of birthday present. I was amazed she was the first to lay, the Barred Rocks have had big red combs and wattles for a while and have been squatting, too, but no eggs from them yet.

That tiny blue egg was so unexpected that I thought a robin had snuck into the hen house!

Back
Top Bottom