19 week old RIR pullet: bubbly swollen eye. (PICS)

Actually, this was Queen, the Miss Bossy of the bunch. I think she may have done another today.

Will be in touch--busy day

DL

I have read through the smaller link and have gone through much of the larger link (ch.22) I'll be in touch, must run.

I saw one post as I was reading through regarding penacillin. I totally agree with this. I have had these symptoms with one of my birds. My husband and I used Teramycin 2-4 times daily for a week and she was steadily worsening. We ended up doing 3 penacillin injections over a week and a half. She began improving after the very first injection.

Quote:
Thank you : intgeresting.

I've done nothing further yet with Dottie. Her swelling is getting worse now progressing around front of eye and moving under the eye as well. But she is still spunky.

I don't want to wait much longer.......

I cannot hurt to try the penacillin. We have found some of our birds are allergic to it, so we always give them a little bit of benadryl with the penacillin...just in case. The reason we think they may be allergic is because we have had two birds have a difficult time breathing and swelling in their neck after a penacillin injection. Swelling throat is a symptom of penacillin allergy. My husband was a medic in the air force. He figures out the dosages. If you would like, I can ask him what dosage he would use. Our local feed stores sell the penacillin. One bottle lasts a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom