1month old chick in need of safe home

Orcaj2

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Hello, I have a I month old chick in need of a safe home. She is the sole survivor of a fatal dog attack on her companions. I don't want to keep her and risk her life for a few eggs in the future. I live in southwest Washington state, city of onalaska. If anyone lives near me and is interested in taking her in please let me know, with her comes all the feed, and bedding, a watereer and feeder, also we have a brand new coop for when they were old enough, we would prefer to sell it, for a reasonable offer since it's so new it has not been finished assembling. If you know of anyone that lives in Washington, we will deliver.
Thanks

Hi,
I live in WA (n Seattle) and am in need of a chicken. I just lost one and I need to keep the numbers even. Text (or call) is fine.

Cali
360-420-3208

Hi thank you for your interest in our chick, after a long discussion last night and today we have decided not to give her up. The lethal attack on our three girls was human error and we would like to give it another go. But thank you again

I do have a quick question regarding the outdoor coop. We want to build 6 foot solid fencing on the sides of the area around the coop itself and put a tarp or something that takes away the visualization if the chickens and their coop on the front chain link fencing and gate. It our dogs can't see them would that deter them eventually from any interest at all? After all is said and done these chickens will be living in Fort Knox. For digging we would be pounding down rebar and additional horse fencing at least a foot under all the fence panels. But I'm just wondering if we remove the visual aspect if that would help ??

I do have a quick question regarding the outdoor coop. We want to build 6 foot solid fencing on the sides of the area around the coop itself and put a tarp or something that takes away the visualization if the chickens and their coop on the front chain link fencing and gate. It our dogs can't see them would that deter them eventually from any interest at all? After all is said and done these chickens will be living in Fort Knox. For digging we would be pounding down rebar and additional horse fencing at least a foot under all the fence panels. But I'm just wondering if we remove the visual aspect if that would help ??
the dogs will still smell them

with training the dogs can be trained to know that chickens are not chew toys that are fun to play rough with

we go with 6' chainlink then add 2' welded wire fencing at the bottom

bend it so it is like the letter L

1 foot up & 1 foot out

this keep diggers from getting in

put a couple inches of dirt on the part that comes out a foot

good luck

Are you going to get another chick for the one to grow up with? Seems like she'd be happier with a couple of buddies to keep her company. Hopefully the dogs won't bother again.

Are you going to get another chick for the one to grow up with? Seems like she'd be happier with a couple of buddies to keep her company. Hopefully the dogs won't bother again.

correct i just scored some 1/2 priced chicks from the local TSC

they were starting to feather out

so they wanted them gone ASAP

5 were CX meat birds

the other was a white rock if i recall

the rock will be kept for egg laying duty

the CX's will be fattened up & they will go camping

Hi if you are willing to ship to Lebanon Maine I would be happy to take her and I will pay for shipping cost as we'll I have 20 other females same age and 1 rio also same age

Back
Top Bottom