1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

1st Egg !! And then another one !! (WiTh PiCtUrEs) !!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenguysmom, Sep 16, 2009.

1. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Got our first egg this morning and we are wondering who it came from. Our babies were born April 27th so they are ready.

The egg was tiny so I feel it must be from the 20 week olds. It was a tiny, pinkish brown tinted egg. Here is the twist it had speckles. My adult Silkie/Cochin mix lays an egg very similar to this one. She was broody for about 4 months and just finished a molt. Do you think the egg was her first egg post-molt and extra small or from the new babies?

Here are the suspects:

Silver Penciled Rock 20 weeks
    Easter Egger 20 Weeks
    Mille Fleur d'Uccle 20 weeks
    Porcelain d'Uccle 20 weeks

Let me know what you think. I will try to get a picture up of the egg.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    could be your SPR or your EE or even your Silkie/Cochin Mix.

Congrats.

none of my 20 week olds NOR my 29 weeks old have laid an egg yet.

3. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Congrats on the egg!!!!!!!!
    Could have been from your EE [​IMG]

4. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, after work there was another tiny egg. This time it was a small green egg. So that rules out the EE...... So I am guessing it was the rock.

The EE and the Rock are best friends and both have super red combs. Both are very skittish and this morning the rock let me pet her. It wasn't a squat but it was definately friendlier than before.

So, I have two new layers. I am guessing that I only have one other 20 week old that is getting close. Nice red comb on one of the Mille Fleurs.

These eggs are so cute. Just for comparison ... the other eggs shown are from our bantam Porcelain.

The new little eggs are laying sideways in the egg carton that is how small they are.

ETA: these photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i cant wait for my girls to start laying eggssssssssssss

6. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009