1st egg from my EE!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Heckel's Hens, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Heckel's Hens

Heckel's Hens Songster

Jan 23, 2011
    Southern VA
    Quote:I have 13 pullets from Ideal hatchery...all just reaching laying age. Super healthy and good looking birds, right from the start!

The dark, speckled egg is such a mystery. I bought 3 Black Sexlinks from a local farmer, and Buttercup (who laid that egg) looks nothing like a sexlink, but did in fact come from a RIR and barred rock. She ended up being striped like a rock, but yellowish and black stripes. SO WEIRD. And to top it all off, her sisters lay very light, cream eggs. I swear she thinks she is a Marans, or something. Her eggs really do look coppery. [​IMG]

2. Hugh

Hugh In the Brooder

Aug 23, 2012
    I have some ee's also in the southside of Jax. Looking to raise Show Quailty Ameraucanas also . Where did you get your ee's from . That is a nice first egg.

3. LeslieDJoyce

LeslieDJoyce Crowing

Jul 30, 2012
    Sherwood, OR
    My Coop
    Wow! Congratulations! That is an awesome egg! I love the various colors of egg you have ... a photo like that is what inspired me to get chickens. This would make a great calendar photo.

4. Nelson-90

Nelson-90 Songster

Jul 27, 2012
    Sherwood, OR
    Our EE,s better start laying soon they are falling behind

5. Shelz

Shelz Songster

Aug 20, 2012
    S.E. Iowa
    Princess looks pretty, I love unique colorations.....she sure laid a beautiful egg, [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: