1st egg from my EE!

Quote:
I have 13 pullets from Ideal hatchery...all just reaching laying age. Super healthy and good looking birds, right from the start!

The dark, speckled egg is such a mystery. I bought 3 Black Sexlinks from a local farmer, and Buttercup (who laid that egg) looks nothing like a sexlink, but did in fact come from a RIR and barred rock. She ended up being striped like a rock, but yellowish and black stripes. SO WEIRD. And to top it all off, her sisters lay very light, cream eggs. I swear she thinks she is a Marans, or something. Her eggs really do look coppery.
hmm.png

I have some ee's also in the southside of Jax. Looking to raise Show Quailty Ameraucanas also . Where did you get your ee's from . That is a nice first egg.

I actually saw Princess lay today for the 1st time. She is my first EE to lay and I've been anxiously awaiting the egg color, being from a hatchery and all. Just wanted to brag on her a little. This is her egg, among some of the others:

Taken inside, next to a window for natural light and on a white plate.
smile.png

IMG_6299.jpg

Wow! Congratulations! That is an awesome egg! I love the various colors of egg you have ... a photo like that is what inspired me to get chickens. This would make a great calendar photo.

Back
Top Bottom