1st Generation Blue Australorps Hatched in Arizona!

Quote:
thanks for answering my question and the good advice. this project would take me a few years to get in on since i am still working on the blacks but once they are where i want them to be, i could purchase a blue australorp roo and breed to my good black hens. this would give me black and blue chicks? i could keep the best of the blue chicks and breed them back to my black rooster and this would give me black and blue chicks?

I forgot Chet, last year a man from mass. showed one of the whitney stock it was either cockeral or rooster, he won english ? class at nationals 2009.. cant remember but he came out of same stock as whitneys.. there is a pic of him in the gallery at ohio nationals..

I would be interested in purchasing any color of Australorp hens you may have available. Do you sell to the public? I just raise them for my egg business. We don't eat them they r family.. we also are interested in Maran hens ... 602-451-8292

Howdy Jacie, thank you for your interest! we do sell mature birds but are pick up only, we just cant put our birds in a box and hope it makes it after being paid. so folks come to Hupp Farm, see healthy quality chickens and take them home. no problems.

we are selling mating pairs only right now, so folks can start their own flocks. we also sell eggs locally and cant part with just hens.

We will be happy to help you with any breeding pairs if you choose that route.

The best to you and yours
Chet & Berta
Hupp Farm
Duncan Az

yes I am interested in raising Blue Australorps. I'm having trouble finding chicks or eggs. Can you help? I'm just getting started and think the Blues are a beautiful bird. I live in rural middle Tennessee and me and my wife have got the chicken bug. Currently we have RIR, Red Sex link, and OEG cross. I would appreciate any and all help thank you Rex.

Howdy, always good to see interested folks! Right now we are not doing any breeding for any Australorps. We are going to start in October.
We cant sell just blue hatching eggs this year as we breed Black to Blue and get black and blue chicks and not knowing the % of either color.
We had a bad go around with the postal service this year and some folks didn't get eggs until 9-10 days later even though they paid the "Priority mail" price.....................so now the customer will pay the costly "Express Mail" or we don't ship any eggs.
No eggs are guaranteed to hatch so its like Las Vegas purchasing hatching eggs. We do not ship live anything, too risky. Let us know if you are interested in a later date or contact a couple others on this site that might have something going on presently.. ..... Have a good one! you can email. us at : [email protected] and leave your email address so we can put you on file if interested.

I was wondering as well, I'm within driving distance from Duncan (near Safford) and may be interesting in getting some from you later on this summer....

I now have 5 baby Australorp chicks from Rattlesnake Ridge. They are about 2 1/2 weeks old now. 2 are the splash (and I think one of those are going to be a roo), and 3 of the blues. Are you still doing your blues?

Back
Top Bottom