1st Pip *Updated with Pics*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickie_mama, Apr 28, 2009.

1. chickie_mama

chickie_mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    Yesterday I was off work. It was day 19 - I was kinda hoping for a little early surprise. I swear I am checking my eggs every 5 minutes now that they are in the hatcher. Last night before I went to bed I thought I'd give them one last look and guess what I saw... the beginnings of a pip. [​IMG] Needless to say, I had a very restless night but I refused to keep going up and down the stairs. I just knew I was going to wake up to a fluffy little fuzzy butt this morning. But to my disappointment I basically saw no change. The pip was maybe just a little larger but no chickie. I did find it encouraging though, when I would talk to it, it would peep back at me.

C'mon little chickie chick.... come see the world.... I'm waiting to meet you!!!!!! [​IMG] So, maybe when I get home today, I have a little fuzz butt!!!! [​IMG]
    Stay tuned! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Congrats on your pip! Won't be long now!!! My daughter and I also talk to the chicks while pipping/zipping the egg shell, well....., actually we "cheer" for them: "Go chickie, Go chickie, go....Go chickie, go chickie go!" They definately hear and bond to our voices because I was the one who actually started it and did it more often, and after they hatched they'd respond heavily to my voice and get all excited when I spoke to them(my daughter wasn't to pleased w/that though since they didn't respond quite the same to her voice!)LOL!

3. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    [​IMG]
    We'll be waiting for an update!
    [​IMG] Good luck [​IMG]

4. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    It is an exciting time, we will be waiting for pics [​IMG]

5. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    go chickies..very good idea about responding to your voice after they are hatched by imprinting on it before thanks.I to talk to mine or chirp to them but I will do it more now with that in mind

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] Yay! Happy hatching!

7. Dogwood Farm

Dogwood Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    I am so excited for you. Come little baby get out here and see the world.

8. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

LOL

I was up till 1 this morning, then got right back up at 4 when I heard a chick rolling around in the bator! I need a nap [​IMG] I now have 2 chicks hatched though.

Good Luck with your hatchers!!! Good hatching vibes your way [​IMG]

9. chickie_mama

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    How can I possibly be expected to work today???? [​IMG] Do they not understand I have chickies hatching??? [​IMG]

10. chickie_mama

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    When I got home, the little guy was out! [​IMG] Also, two more have pipped!!!!! [​IMG] Go Chickies Go!!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by