1st time broody hen, eggs arent hatching!!!

Do you have a chick safe waterer nearby?
Sure do! It was behind her so I just moved it to the front!! Letting everybody drink and I'm gonna fill it up after they get back under mom for a nap!

Attachments

• 16496008629265515779606778690081.jpg
    16496008629265515779606778690081.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 11
And I've got a feeder in here too but so far they're all eating off the floor lol
They won't eat from the feeder. Mom will feed them. When they get a little older and more independent, she'll bring them to the feeders and they will feed themselves. I assume that's chick starter you have out for them?

They won't eat from the feeder. Mom will feed them. When they get a little older and more independent, she'll bring them to the feeders and they will feed themselves. I assume that's chick starter you have out for them?
Oh ok well good thing they've got plenty on the floor then lol and yep, got Chick starter scattered and in the feeder too for mom....I assume the chick starter is good for her since the protein is higher and I'm sure she needs the extra right now?

Oh ok well good thing they've got plenty on the floor then lol and yep, got Chick starter scattered and in the feeder too for mom....I assume the chick starter is good for her since the protein is higher and I'm sure she needs the extra right now?
I feed Flock Raiser from hatch to death with oyster shell on the side so they always have more than the minimum recommended levels of protein and aren't forced to eat excess calcium when their bodies don't need it.

awwwwwwwww 🥺🥺🥺she looks very happy with her baby's.
And so much more relaxed now too!! She was so stressed the last few days and I was too lol!!! She's already gotten them out in the chicken yard to scratch around and get in the sunshine too!!! And I've got the gate closed so nobody can bother her but the rest of the flock has already gathered around the pen to see all the new babies!! She's already such a Good little mama🥰

And so much more relaxed now too!! She was so stressed the last few days and I was too lol!!! She's already gotten them out in the chicken yard to scratch around and get in the sunshine too!!! And I've got the gate closed so nobody can bother her but the rest of the flock has already gathered around the pen to see all the new babies!! She's already such a Good little mama🥰
How many other birds do you have? How much space do they have? I've never prevented a mother hen from bringing her brood into the flock.
Barb's first day roosting the chicks.jpg

family portrait 2.jpg

Kerrie with her chicks.jpg

Or the flock from visiting mom and the new chicks.
Fabio with chicks and momma 2.jpg

They’ve got plenty of space in coop and in the big pen connected to the coop…but we have 2 hens that are sisters that have always fought since we got them when they were about 4 months old so since they’re both the hens with babies right now we keep the rowdiest one in a run by herself when she’s out with babies….she’s extra mean since she’s got babies…but other mamas are fine being around everybody

Back
Top Bottom