1st time hatching welsh harlequin duck eggs, need advice plz

Its a good sign so fingers crossed. Will candle again on day 10. 16 is a good amount.
1f606.png

Hi. Was wondering if u could help us again. Were on day 21. 9 out of 12 eggs look good. We were wondering what day we should lock down, what temp and humidity should be and also do u spray ur eggs and if so on what day do u start?

Thanx

Hi. Was wondering if u could help us again. Were on day 21. 9 out of 12 eggs look good. We were wondering what day we should lock down, what temp and humidity should be and also do u spray ur eggs and if so on what day do u start?

Thanx

Hello again! You lock down on day 25. Bump the humidity to 65%. It'll go higher as they start pipping. Keep the same temperature. I don't mist my duck eggs but others do and they usually start with it a couple days into incubation.

I'm actually sitting right now with a bunch of my own just hatched Welshies in my lap :)

Actually a few quit throughout incubation and two made it to lockdown and didn't hatch, but I got 11 which is not bad at all for shipped eggs.

11 is still a good number. Ours were sgipped to. Few days and were on lock down. Brooders made and ready. Just the run to finish. Hope urs are all doing well

2 of our eggs sarted piping late momday night. There still not hatched so mum said help them brake the shell and membrane a lil.
On day 28 today. Hoping the other 7 start to do something soon

Back
Top Bottom