1st time to incubate. EXCITED!

5GallonBucket

Hatching
May 26, 2015
Just put 22 eggs in incubator last night at 10:15 p.m.

*11 from EE hen with all white ameraucana/americana roo not real sure which breed he is...old man just said he was a rare all white but didn't specify Americana or ameraucana.

*11 barred rock with same roo as above

I did have a broody barred rock with same roo give me two all black iridescent hens 5 months ago. Real pretty birds.
She wasn't the greatest of mothers....ate some of the clutch, but was a great protector of her clutch....I got to watch her and chicken snake go at it....and she won.

3 weeks to go and we shall see what we get. this is a 1st for me to use incubator. Main reason was because I only have 1 EE hen left and she 's getting up there in age as well as the roo so hopefully I can have at least 50% success rate.

Last edited:
Just put 22 eggs in incubator last night at 10:15 p.m.

*11 from EE hen with all white ameraucana/americana roo not real sure which breed he is...old man just said he was a rare all white but didn't specify Americana or ameraucana.

*11 barred rock with same roo as above

I did have a broody barred rock with same roo give me two all black iridescent hens 5 months ago. Real pretty birds.
She wasn't the greatest of mothers....ate some of the clutch, but was a great protector of her clutch....I got to watch her and chicken snake go at it....and she won.

3 weeks to go and we shall see what we get. this is a 1st for me to use incubator. Main reason was because I only have 1 EE hen left and she 's getting up there in age as well as the roo so hopefully I can have at least 50% success rate.
Good luck.

not real sure....church member let me borrow it and I couldn't find any info on it nor could he tell me. Older man who hasn't used it in years.

its real big....could hold around 250 to 300 eggs. automatically turns eggs as well...so no opening and shutting to turn them.

I ll take a pic and try to post it.

Back
Top Bottom