1yr old Rooster found dead

Cafarmgirl thanks for the link. & thx everyone for the feedback, I really appreciate it! They are pest free, as far as I can tell and they are wormed regularly, altho they are due for another dose. I will definitely check out the necropsy, it would be nice to know whats happened...

Okay, I dont think its just a coinsodence any more :(
Last night I found an 8wk old BCM dead in the "chick" pen... their pen buts up to my Bantam pen (same pen the D'uccle cockrel died) and now today a pullet from the Bantam pen has not been acting right, very lethargic. Just checked on her again and she was just sitting in one spot, in the corner of the pen with her eyes closed. I thouht she was dead till I nudged her. She didnt care when I picked her up and just closed her eyes. Shes very lethargic!! I checked for mite/ parasites & nothing, no weezing, no discharge from nose, eyes or mouth.i cant see anything physically wrong with her.Im so afraid this is jut going to sweep through my flock. Im going to take the BCM chick that just died down for a Necropsy but untill then I dont know what to do... this is my 3rd year raising chickens so not a total newbie but ive never dealt with anything like this. Advise...? Please help! Than you!

Hello, sorry to be writing into such an old thread but One Chick Two's experience was uncannily like mine. I let my chicks out this morning and Inkey, my 4 year old, healthy and noisy cockerel, was fine. We went out this afternoon and found him dead, on his back with his feet up and wings tucked in. No sign of trauma. Very worrying as we found one of the hens dead in the coop a few days before but she was definitely egg bound. Odd as she hadn't shown any signs but we think she was the one who regularly laid weak shell eggs and sometimes shell less ones.
I am fairly sure it was a sad coincidence but would welcome other's opinions.
Thank you very much,
Richard.

Hello, sorry to be writing into such an old thread but One Chick Two's experience was uncannily like mine. I let my chicks out this morning and Inkey, my 4 year old, healthy and noisy cockerel, was fine. We went out this afternoon and found him dead, on his back with his feet up and wings tucked in. No sign of trauma. Very worrying as we found one of the hens dead in the coop a few days before but she was definitely egg bound. Odd as she hadn't shown any signs but we think she was the one who regularly laid weak shell eggs and sometimes shell less ones.
Thank you very much,
Richard.
I would send him off for necropsy

Thank you very much,
Richard.
You should make your own thread about it. It isn't likely anyone is gonna respond on tis old thread, and it will make more sense to have your own. You can tag me on your own and I can help out!

Back
Top Bottom