2-4 week chicks curled toes & lame acutely

Cricky

Hatching
Sep 5, 2023
I hatched 6 mix breed chicks and started them on Purina medicated chick feed they range from 2-4 weeks old now and over the last week 3 of them have come down with curled toes & difficulty walking, one almost doesn’t get up at all. I started sav a chick in the water yesterday, but just wondering if others have experienced this and any solution advice? I heard that amproline can cause thiamine deficiency? I fed a different brand of the medicated chick starter to my older hens and never had a problem like this. We were out of town for a week and had someone checking on them, the heat lamp went out for maybe a day or two due to the hurricane. They are have a brisnea 1200 eco glow now but don’t use it much since it’s 88-90 in their area so I’m not sure if it’s possible they got too cool or if that could be a factor here? I can post video or photos in the morning if that’s helpful.

B complex tablets have all B’s including riboflavin, thiamine and others. Give 1/4 tablet daily to a chick, and you can crush and dissolve it in water. PolyVisol works too.

Back
Top Bottom