2.5-3 month old wyandottes gender??????

Maribell

Hatching
May 28, 2020
Hi! So i have these 2.5-3 month old wyandottes and we have started to try to guess the gender of them. We are really hoping for hens because we aren’t able to have any cockerels and its also our first time having wyandottes so we are a bit confused.
381C4DFB-3840-4EC5-B4A7-F52B8A46966B.jpeg
The first one to me looks a bit like a cockerel but it does not act like a rooster in any way! The other chicks like to fight one another but this one doesn’t!
0C4ACFDC-3830-4FAB-82B4-1A0F0FD9D75C.jpeg
This second one to me looks like a hen but is constantly fighting with the other chicks which i have never seen a hen do!
Any suggestions??????

I'm not a very good judge, as my only two SLW ended up being cockerels that I rehomed early, but if it's any help, they had much more pronounced comb and wattles by 3weeks than either of your two do at 3months

Last edited:
Well, it doesn't fit the stereotype, but hens can sometimes end up being more aggressive than your roos and your roosters can be quite sweet. Also, if they're both hens it would make sense for one to be meaner and more dominant and one to be submissive, it is where they get the phrase "pecking order" after all.

Yeah we have one of our older chickens that likes to be VERY dominant compared to the others. Im hoping they are both hens but i guess we’ll just have to wait and see if they start crowing. Fingers crossed they don’t

Back
Top Bottom