2.5 Years old Rooster ILL (purple comb, Lethargic, runny poop)

I bought 125mg amoxilline bottle should i mix whole bottle in 1 litre water? And how much to give him? He is not drinking unless forced. Ate boiled egg half and some yougurt. He weighs i think 1 or less kgs. I gave him table spoon of amoxil! Without mixing it with 1 litre water!

I bought 125mg amoxilline bottle should i mix whole bottle in 1 litre water? And how much to give him? He is not drinking unless forced. Ate boiled egg half and some yougurt. He weighs i think 1 or less kgs. I gave him table spoon of amoxil! Without mixing it with 1 litre water!

If he weighs close to 1kg he can have 1 125mg pill twice a day. Give it orally, *not* in water. If he is not drinking you will need to tube fluids to him. Can you get a tube and syringe?

-Kathy

Its celcius..
If its 125mg syrup i can give him 1 teaspoon twice a day? Or one tablespoon once a day?

125 mg per 5 ml so 25 mg per ml.. Today he is drinking water himself but his poop is still same!

125 mg per 5 ml so 25 mg per ml.. Today he is drinking water himself but his poop is still same!

If he weighs 1kg you can give him 5ml (one teaspoon) twice a day. Amoxicillin needs to be given at least twice a day.

What other drugs can you get? Amprolium? Metronidazole (Flagyl)? Some type of de-wormer? Cipro?

-Kathy

Have Amprolium but expired couple of months ago but I read somewhere that I can be used after expiration??? I can get flagyl 200 mg tablet but how to give him tablet? and do these extra drugs can be given alongside amoxil?

Last edited:
Have Amprolium but expired couple of months ago but I read somewhere that I can be used after expiration??? I can get flagyl tablet but how to give him tablet? and do these extra drugs can be given alongside amoxil?

All three can be given together, I think. I know amprolium can be given with all antibiotics and wormers. Will check drug interactions between Flagyl and amoxicillin.

What amprolium do you have? Powder or liquid? How many mg per ml or per gram?

What Flagyl can you get? 200mg, 250mg, 400mg or 500mg? The smaller sized ones would be better. At 1kg her would get 50mg orally twice a day.

-Kathy

its Amprolium HCL B.P USP 900 gm water soluble powder and I can get flagyl 200 mg

Back
Top Bottom