2 air cells?

MN Chicken

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2010
Minnesota
Has anyone seen a hatching eggs with two air cells? I candled this egg, and at first figured it had to be the yolk, but it isn't. It is a separate air cell, or so I think. I am new to this and could be just ignorant about the whole thing. This is a shipped egg. All other eggs from this shipment have pristine air cells...which is so great!

Outlined to show the air cells since my candling photo isn't very good.

I was thinking that too, but couldn't come up with a photo or anything like it in my google frenzy ;) I am going to set this one in an egg carton just in case, I was just curious if anyone else had ever seen this, and what the hatch outcomes were. Both air cells are attached and not moving at all.

Last edited:
Is the air bubble loose in the egg. I candled one of my hens fresh eggs recently and it had an air bubble in it that moved around as I moved the egg. It was really weird I was thinking it was a fart that got caught in the egg.
lau.gif

The egg went in the normal line up and got ate so it wasn't noticeable when I opened them.

Neither air cell is moving at all, they are both securely attached, which is why it seems so weird to me! Definitely not a chicken fart ;)

Back
Top Bottom