2 Birds Dead and another unwell

It's very important when you bring new birds in that you quarantine them from your other birds in case they are sick or carrying a disease your other birds are not immune to.

They need to be kept in a place away from your other birds where they can't interact or even breathe the same air. It is a pain to do this, but it protects all the birds.

It's risky buying adult birds like this from others, you dont know how old they are or if they are sick. Auctions especially are rampant with older and sick birds that disreputable people are trying to get rid of.

I'm sorry you had to go through this and for the loss of your drake and chickens.

I am sorry for your losses and the problems with the drake. Contact a vet and find out where animal disease testing is done and give them a call. I would request a necropsy to find out what is going on, they may want to put the drake down themselves and do the testing immediately. You need to know what you are dealing with because you could have something going on that will wipe out all birds you have or bring in.

I wanted to take the drake to the vet but my parents said they cant afford the bill and feel they dont have to unless more birds fall ill, so its out of my hands
sad.png

My dad put the drake down himself and its already disposed off.
I did make sure i scrubbed everything down with disinfectant wherever the drake was so hopefully that might help

Back
Top Bottom