2 boys 1 girl?

JenBBB

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2020
Hi, I bought 3 ducklings last march, unfortunately 2 turned out to be male and 1 female. So far they've got on great, 1 boy had a prolapsed tinky winky over summer but we sorted it, other than that no fighting and the female sort of tells them when shes had 'enough' 🙈 when should I worry about her? Has anyone successfully kept 2 boys and 1 girl. I love all 3 of them so would hate to part with one. Thanks xx

i would get another pekin because of their size lol, ducks get along with any breed just the same but i wouldn’t recommend having drakes bigger than the hens

get one more girl! they can all be together when mating season is off, but during mating season keep the boys and girls separated

I have a friend who had two males and one female for a long time with no problems at all. But I feel like that was the exception, not the rule. It really just depends on the individuals :)

get one more girl! they can all be together when mating season is off, but during mating season keep the boys and girls separated
Thankyou, would the new girl be accepted into the group easily or would I have to do anything to settle her in? Also whens mating season? Google said November to march but these guys stopped in september x

I have a friend who had two males and one female for a long time with no problems at all. But I feel like that was the exception, not the rule. It really just depends on the individuals :)
I really cant even imagine them hurting her, they get on so well and the boys are so protective but I naively still see them as the little babies we bought home 🙈 I was mortified when they were trying to pin her head down in the pool! X

Thankyou, would the new girl be accepted into the group easily or would I have to do anything to settle her in? Also whens mating season? Google said November to march but these guys stopped in september x
make her a little pen where they can see not touch her for about a week, then put her and the girl together for a week, then add the boys as well! mine mate year around but mating season when they mate a ton more is march-august for mine

make her a little pen where they can see not touch her for about a week, then put her and the girl together for a week, then add the boys as well! mine mate year around but mating season when they mate a ton more is march-august for mine
Thankyou, I will try and find someone selling a girl, does it matter if same breed? X

Back
Top Bottom