2 broody hens and a new coop

PippinTheChicken

🧡🤍💙
Mar 19, 2021
UK
My Coop
My Coop
So I've been making my new coop, and it will be finished soon. But I have 2 broody hens that are still in the old coop on eggs (day 9). I could leave them in until they hatch, but the old coop is taking up space in the run.
20211024_101643_HDR.jpg

new coop beside the old coop in the run, you cab see how little space there is whilst both coops are in there

What should I do?
Should I leave them in the old coop? Should I risk it and put them in the new one? Should I put them in cages in the house for them to hatch there?

Leave them where they are until the eggs hatch. If you try to move them they may break their broodiness or the eggs.
Once the chicks hatch and they mothers take them out of the old coop then you can guide them into the new coop where they can nest in there their chicks.
How large is your run?

Last edited:
Leave them where they are until the chicks eggs hatch. If you try to move them they may break their broodiness or the eggs.
Once the chicks hatch and they mothers take them out of the old coop then you can guide them into the new coop where they can nest in there their chicks.
How large is your run?
I'll measure the run soon.
But there's only a small amount if space in the run and I have 4 other chickens. The eggs still have a bit less than 2 weeks.

Ok. Update! The chicks hatched 3 days ago and today I moved them to the new coop. They seem to like it. So I'll dismantle the old coop so they can have some space!
20211107_113535_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom