2 Chicks born with broken feet

Vet wrap sticks to itself, so you just cut a piece long enough to go around the legs to hold them in the correct position, wrap it around, and it'll stick to itself and hold them in place. Doesn't stick to the legs like a band-aid would so it's much nicer in that regard.
PLEASE follow Pyxis' advice
Yep. Get that hobble on ASAP.

That plastic's pretty bad for them. If you put enough substrate on top, they'll generally not scratch it all the way down to the slick surface.

It's a nasty cleanup, but towels do really well for developing legs, provided, and this is very important, that you do not provide towels with holes or pulls in them. Holes and pulls will catch the chickie's little legs and cause more problems.

I am here to update everyone on the 2 baby chicks.one sadly past away but the other one is moving around a lot better. will keep you guys update)
upload_2017-6-1_17-32-6.png

Aw, I'm sorry. It's never easy losing a baby...

Can she eat and drink on her own? Sometimes when you get like that, you have to help them with eating and drinking. Not easy when it's a tiny little animal like a baby chicken.

Can she eat and drink on her own? Sometimes when you get like that, you have to help them with eating and drinking. Not easy when it's a tiny little animal like a baby chicken.
Im not sure because i dont stay in there all day,But i do put food on the ground around him/her and dip its beak in the water to make sure it gets a drink.

please do and pictures too! =)

I sadly have to announce that the chick with the broken legs also died when it was trying to get water it drowned.If i get another chick with broken legs im glad to at least try to help it.:(:barnie

Back
Top Bottom