2 chicks can't roll over off of their backs.....why?

I have just ran into this problem. I have been researching and still I have not found any answers as to why. Since it has been since 2012 the last post was made I thought I would see if any others might have an updated answer as to why this happens?

I have just ran into this problem. I have been researching and still I have not found any answers as to why. Since it has been since 2012 the last post was made I thought I would see if any others might have an updated answer as to why this happens?
Can you tell if their legs are splayed and or messed up?

Can you tell if their legs are splayed and or messed up?
Its legs are perfect. After I flip it up right it is walking and running are normal for a few minutes then it flops back over on its back and can not get up right. The first 3 days after it had hatched was no problems whatsoever. It is just so strange. They have been given electrolytes and such in the water and out of the two only one is behaving this way. When I do flip it up right it goes to the feed bowl and eats, gets some water runs around for a minute then plop back over it goes and cant up right it self without help. These are serama chicks by the way. Not sure if that is important.

Its legs are perfect. After I flip it up right it is walking and running are normal for a few minutes then it flops back over on its back and can not get up right. The first 3 days after it had hatched was no problems whatsoever. It is just so strange. They have been given electrolytes and such in the water and out of the two only one is behaving this way. When I do flip it up right it goes to the feed bowl and eats, gets some water runs around for a minute then plop back over it goes and cant up right it self without help. These are serama chicks by the way. Not sure if that is important.
Do you have any Poultry Nutri-Drench or poultry vitamins that contain Vitamin E?
I would give the chick a couple of drops two times a day to see if that helps.

Is it able to eat chick starter like it is out of the bag or do you think you need to crush it finer or even offer it wet? Sometimes tiny chicks have a hard time managing crumbles and pretend to "eat".

Back
Top Bottom