2 chicks have made external peep on the wrong (pointed end)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by yuaan, Sep 19, 2013.

1. yuaan

yuaan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    Today is the day 19 f incubation and they are in lockdown. Today i have noticed that 2 egg have made an external peep but on the wrong ends . i can see the tiny bit of shall has been dropped off but ther membrane are still on , so there is no hole for them to breath , I am worried that as they are in wrong end they might suffocate .

what is the best point of call to this situation ?

should i take them out one by one so i can make a hole so they can breath ?

2. Bodee

Bodee Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2013
    Try and make the hole so air can get through and then make sure it is about the diameter of a straw please reply if this works !

3. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    When I hatched my Araucanas last year 5 of the 7 pipped at the wrong end. They all hatched fine on their own. It's probably happened lots of times but the babies were already hatched so no one knew.

4. yuaan

Aug 22, 2013
    I have tried to make hole but while i was scraping off the shell a bit of shell has come off with both eggs . One has slightly bledd but its fine now and very active but the other one i think has died can not hear him or see any movement but i am going to keep him in just in case .

i am worried about the rest 7 eggs as i have been taking the lid off lot to remove the eggs to make holes and putting them back in and then realised that i did not wrap them with moist paper then again i have to open the incubator but the humidity has not dropped alot as i was making sure to open smaller as possible . Here are some pic i have taken after making the hole
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

s.

5. yuaan

Aug 22, 2013
    what is going on , the third peep also on the wrong end, I am so concerned as i might ended up non surviving

6. yuaan

Aug 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. yuaan

Aug 22, 2013
    can not believe that the 4th one is mispositioned too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by