2 Day old black spanish turkey chick foung with entrails hanging out of navel.

Mr Maran

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 26, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
Today my mother purchased 3 black spanish turkey chicks and two wellsummer. I went to see them but did not handle them as I had just recently handled a chick form another brooder. I had noticed that one of the turkeys was standing in a corner with it's eyes closed. I thought that it was about to go to sleep. A couple hours later, I wnet back out and saw that there was some small blood drops in the brooder and the same turkey was standing, eyes closed and shaking in a nother corner. I picked it up and noticed that it's small and large intestines were both partially hanging out of where it's navel had been. This is my theory on what happened but I have neven heard of this happening so it would be greatly arrpeciated to get some new ideas. For any wondering, the chick was immediately culled. I think that the navel wasn't fully healed and was probably swollen and red. I believe that then, one of the other chicks pecked at the area and the navel opened up and the poor chicks entrails spilled out. I have never ever heard of this happening before so I would really love to hear some feedback.

Thats just an idea. I was mainly wondering if this had ever happed to anyone because I've never heard of it happening.

Back
Top Bottom