2 different types of diarrhea, treated for tapeworm 2 weeks ago and not sure how to proceed (Pics attached)

The tapeworm segments coming out after deworming can be the dewormer working. Your dosage may be off but sufficient enough to make the worms exit an inhospitable environment.
No. The tapeworm dies internally and doesnt shed segments.
The bird has eaten an infected insect. Control insects as best as possible stops tapeworm infections, and fortunately not all insects are hosts for tapeworms.

Flies, earthworms, snails and slugs, grasshoppers, and beetles, along with any tapeworm segments in the dirt, are some of the things chickens will eat that will possibly reinfect them with tapeworms eggs. Each of those tapeworms segments deposited on the ground will contain many tapeworm eggs. As Dawg53 said, try to remove those intermediate hosts, and only treat the chicken who had the tape segments in their poop.

Flies, earthworms, snails and slugs, grasshoppers, and beetles, along with any tapeworm segments in the dirt, are some of the things chickens will eat that will possibly reinfect them with tapeworms eggs. Each of those tapeworms segments deposited on the ground will contain many tapeworm eggs. As Dawg53 said, try to remove those intermediate hosts, and only treat the chicken who had the tape segments in their poop.
Thanks all for the advice. It’s possible she has already gotten reinfected, I do let them free range during the day whenever we’re home on about 2 acres and I can’t imagine how I can control them eating bugs. I’m wondering if I maybe under dosed the Equimax? I’ve heard a few people give a “pea sized” amount but I weighed my hen and dosed her to .03ml per pound. She was just under 5lbs so I measured out .15ml and it was closer in size to a grain of rice than a pea.

Thanks all for the advice. It’s possible she has already gotten reinfected, I do let them free range during the day whenever we’re home on about 2 acres and I can’t imagine how I can control them eating bugs. I’m wondering if I maybe under dosed the Equimax? I’ve heard a few people give a “pea sized” amount but I weighed my hen and dosed her to .03ml per pound. She was just under 5lbs so I measured out .15ml and it was closer in size to a grain of rice than a pea.
You gave your hen the correct dosage.

Back
Top Bottom