2 down. 4 to go 🤗

JustTC

Chirping
Jan 19, 2022
My first ever hatch under my broody girl.
New here so wasn't sure exactly where to share my excitement.. 🤣🤣
2 hatched & 4 to go.
Im just staying out of her way & letting nature do its thing.
Just had to share.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220208-123540_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220208-123540_Gallery.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 4
So .... removed the other 4 eggs on day 25. Turns out it was a good decision. 👍 2 were dead & only (what seemed to be) half developed & the other 2 were just a sloppy mess with no chicks at all 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Quite happy with just the 2. I really only wanted 3 eggs to begin with, for my first attempt.
Mumma freaked out a bit at first but now happily back to eating, drinking & being a proud chicken Mumma. 💜
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 that at least 1 is a hen.

Still only 2 hatched!! 😳 Its been over 24 hours & i can't see any movement or anything going on with the other 4 eggs. 🤷🤷🤷
They're furness pekin bantam eggs. Should i be worried? How long should i leave her sitting on them before i intervene, please?
I’ve never hatched with a broody before, but I understand your anxiety 😅 I’m sure they will be fine. Personally, I would let nature take its course unless she stops sitting on them, do u have an incubator as a back up plan just in case? Apparently a hen will have a sixth sense and kick the eggs out of the nest if they are no good, (but don’t quote me on that) I don’t know for sure. So it’s a positive that she is still sitting :)

I’ve never hatched with a broody before, but I understand your anxiety 😅 I’m sure they will be fine. Personally, I would let nature take its course unless she stops sitting on them, do u have an incubator as a back up plan just in case? Apparently a hen will have a sixth sense and kick the eggs out of the nest if they are no good, (but don’t quote me on that) I don’t know for sure. So it’s a positive that she is still sitting :)
Ah...thankyou so much. Was actually thinking along those lines.Just leave her to do her thing for a while yet. Much appreciated. Hugs

Ah...thankyou so much. Was actually thinking along those lines.Just leave her to do her thing for a while yet. Much appreciated. Hugs
Sorry. No. No incubator. If we only get 2, then i guess thats what nature intended.
No change. Still 2 but she (Suzie Q) still seems determined to stay on that nest. 🤞🤞🤞

Back
Top Bottom