2 down. 4 to go 🤗

JustTC

Chirping
Jan 19, 2022
My first ever hatch under my broody girl.
New here so wasn't sure exactly where to share my excitement.. 🤣🤣
2 hatched & 4 to go.
Im just staying out of her way & letting nature do its thing.
Just had to share.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220208-123540_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220208-123540_Gallery.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 4
My first ever hatch under my broody girl.
New here so wasn't sure exactly where to share my excitement.. 🤣🤣
2 hatched & 4 to go.
Im just staying out of her way & letting nature do its thing.
Just had to share.
Still only 2 hatched!! 😳 Its been over 24 hours & i can't see any movement or anything going on with the other 4 eggs. 🤷🤷🤷
They're furness pekin bantam eggs. Should i be worried? How long should i leave her sitting on them before i intervene, please?

Still only 2 hatched!! 😳 Its been over 24 hours & i can't see any movement or anything going on with the other 4 eggs. 🤷🤷🤷
They're furness pekin bantam eggs. Should i be worried? How long should i leave her sitting on them before i intervene, please?
I’ve never hatched with a broody before, but I understand your anxiety 😅 I’m sure they will be fine. Personally, I would let nature take its course unless she stops sitting on them, do u have an incubator as a back up plan just in case? Apparently a hen will have a sixth sense and kick the eggs out of the nest if they are no good, (but don’t quote me on that) I don’t know for sure. So it’s a positive that she is still sitting :)

I’ve never hatched with a broody before, but I understand your anxiety 😅 I’m sure they will be fine. Personally, I would let nature take its course unless she stops sitting on them, do u have an incubator as a back up plan just in case? Apparently a hen will have a sixth sense and kick the eggs out of the nest if they are no good, (but don’t quote me on that) I don’t know for sure. So it’s a positive that she is still sitting :)
Ah...thankyou so much. Was actually thinking along those lines.Just leave her to do her thing for a while yet. Much appreciated. Hugs

Ah...thankyou so much. Was actually thinking along those lines.Just leave her to do her thing for a while yet. Much appreciated. Hugs
Sorry. No. No incubator. If we only get 2, then i guess thats what nature intended.
No change. Still 2 but she (Suzie Q) still seems determined to stay on that nest. 🤞🤞🤞

Sorry. No. No incubator. If we only get 2, then i guess thats what nature intended.
No change. Still 2 but she (Suzie Q) still seems determined to stay on that nest. 🤞🤞🤞
She should sit until she feels she needs to take the new hatchlings out to eat and drink. Then she will probably get up and abandon the nest and other eggs. Did she start sitting on all eggs at same time? Or were some eggs added later.

She should sit until she feels she needs to take the new hatchlings out to eat and drink. Then she will probably get up and abandon the nest and other eggs. Did she start sitting on all eggs at same time? Or were some eggs added later.
Ok. Thankyou. They all went in together.

Back
Top Bottom