2 eggs in one day from one of my hens!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jettgirl24, Mar 24, 2011.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I was shocked today because I was picking up eggs and putting them in my pocket and whatdyaknow I had 7 eggs! One of my BRs NEVER lays... I think she has laid MAYBE 3 eggs in a year and I'm not sure even that many. I was so proud of her and gave her lots of loves!

But then I got inside and started pulling them out of my pocket... I'm counting them and came to find out that I had 5 Marans eggs... The only thing is that I only have 4 Marans hens! This is the first time I've ever gotten an egg from each hen... And yes, it still counts even if one of the girls had to pull double duty to make up for my little slacker BR [​IMG]

Not sure which one did double duty but she has my permission to take a day off tomorrow [​IMG]

2. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Wow! What a nice surprise!

3. I've had that happen before. It makes me scratch my head a little bit knowing how long it takes an egg to form inside. It's really cool though! I think you may have a miracle hen. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by