2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Amen to that. A couple of years ago I was in a TSC on a Sunday morning and naturally I was looking at the babies. The tubs weren't dirty but the babies were all huddled together with a lot of dead chicks and ducklings in the 'puddle'. It broke my heart seeing the ones that were alive and healthy cuddled up to their dead mates for comfort. I went up front and told the guys that were lounging around what was going on and they needed to take care of the babies. Their response was the same "oh, we know, I'll get back there later and take care of them.":barnie

It was a couple of years before set foot in a TSC. I told my husband that he was lucky that I didn't make them an offer on the remaining babies and bring them all home. He said he was surprised that I didn't and that I had shown remarkable restraint, both with not buying them  and by not unleashing a red headed tornado on the men.

It's a good thing i did no see that. If afraid I would have protested very loudly after getting that response. Would have been thrown out most likely. Those babies deserve better.

Unfortunately I believe that most of the people employed are 'city dwellers' that don't know the tail from the beak of any poultry that they are selling. Sad really. I'm really sorry that I didn't ask the manager if she would like to drink the nasty water that those babies were expected to drink.My husband even suggested that they should hire somebody who is exclusively there to take care of the chicks and ducklings during 'chick days' every spring. He told me I'd be perfect for the job and then had second thoughts when he realized I'd just be hauling little ones home every day.
jumpy.gif
tongue2.gif

My joy today quickly turned to saddnes, I lost another duck today :( one of my original ducks that I have had for over a year. This is by far the hardest part of owning and loving these animals, the unexpected happens so fast and the heartbreak lingers forever. Another beautiful duck flying high with the others :(

My joy today quickly turned to saddnes, I lost another duck today
sad.png
one of my original ducks that I have had for over a year. This is by far the hardest part of owning and loving these animals, the unexpected happens so fast and the heartbreak lingers forever. Another beautiful duck flying high with the others
sad.png
so sorry
hugs.gif

hugs.gif

My joy today quickly turned to saddnes, I lost another duck today :( one of my original ducks that I have had for over a year. This is by far the hardest part of owning and loving these animals, the unexpected happens so fast and the heartbreak lingers forever. Another beautiful duck flying high with the others :(

Oh, I'm so sorry. :hugs I've had a lot of loss recently, too - just lost two chicks today. It's very hard. But I'll always have God. <3

I can remember the young Amish farmer we bought our property from once said, that if you have livestock, you are eventually going to have dead-stock. I thought he was joking until I lost my first chicken in spite of every intervention I could think of.

I'm so sorry that you lost another one of your babies but unfortunately I think the law of averages are against us as lovers of poulty. Grieve for the one that is lost to you but flying free and embrace the ones that survive it.

And for you? A big hug!
hugs.gif

I am happy to introduce everyone to my new baby who decided to hatch 4 days early. I'm going to call her Miracle Hope, because she's my miracle and gives me hope.

She's really gotten stronger in just a few hours :)

And of course she loves the camera
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

I am happy to introduce everyone to my new baby who decided to hatch 4 days early. I'm going to call her Miracle Hope, because she's my miracle and gives me hope.

She's really gotten stronger in just a few hours :)

And of course she loves the camera
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
Lucy! WOW. Love her. And you both posing together is a very sweet picture.

Back
Top Bottom