2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Hope you found a home for those lovely eggs!

No
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
and I got 2 dozen call eggs yesterday... I thought for sure someone would take me up on my offer since I offered to ship them... Shipping is so much cheaper than a new incubator
1f62c.png

I am sooo tempted!
I'm going on a short trip to Santa Fe the 9th to 14 of May. If I were to adopt duck eggs right now, they would hatch while I'm gone. Hubby is not incubator trained. I would be happy to pay shipping for a clutch that I could set so they would go into lockdown after my return. I would have to set them on or after April 20. If that would work with you, you could pm me an address and I would be happy to send funds for shipping. My cabinet incubator has room since I'm slowing down on hatching my Columbian Wyandotte.

She'll either abandon the eggs or ignore the early duckling... staggered hatches under broodys is not a good idea... you could add mallard eggs after she is setting for a week though, so they all hatch at same time...

Do you have Muscovies and Mallards living together? Males and females?
I ask because if you're not aware you need to know that any crossbreeding of those species results in mule ducks... just fyi...

What is a mule duck Rav??

I'm not Ravyn, but a mule duck is one that is sterile due to genetics....just like the offspring of a Mammoth Jack over a horse. A mule is unable to have babies.

What is a mule duck Rav??

Mule duck is a sterile duck... ducks will lay eggs but can't be fertilized and drakes will shoot blanks...

All domestic duck breeds derived from Mallards, except Muscovy... Muscovy are actually more like a goose than a duck... so all other domestic ducks can be crossed together and the mutt offspring can reproduce, but any that are crossed with Muscovy are mules...

I am sooo tempted!
I'm going on a short trip to Santa Fe the 9th to 14 of May. If I were to adopt duck eggs right now, they would hatch while I'm gone. Hubby is not incubator trained. I would be happy to pay shipping for a clutch that I could set so they would go into lockdown after my return. I would have to set them on or after April 20. If that would work with you, you could pm me an address and I would be happy to send funds for shipping. My cabinet incubator has room since I'm slowing down on hatching my Columbian Wyandotte.

I will PM you :)

Last edited:
Mule duck is a sterile duck... ducks will lay eggs but can't be fertilized and drakes will shoot blanks...

All domestic duck breeds derived from Mallards, except Muscovy... Muscovy are actually more like a goose than a duck... so all other domestic ducks can be crossed together and the mutt offspring can reproduce, but any that are crossed with Muscovy are mules...

Well I learn something new everyday...

Back
Top Bottom