2 hens dead over night and

Pics
No they haven't. I don't think it's from them. I am thinking, based on the fact the report said ILT was there for a while, they were sick before we bought the farm last November.
Yes. I'd have to say that is highly possible. MG works the same....they could have gotten over the initial outbreak and been carriers for life too.

Yes. I'd have to say that is highly possible. MG works the same....they could have gotten over the initial outbreak and been carriers for life too.

Yah, I'm so sad about this. I am trying to remember all the symptoms from last year. There were maybe 3 of the original chickens that were sick Dec last year. I removed them immediately and kept them separate. But seriously, if these diseases can come in from birds and rodents, who knows. I'm just sad. I wish I knew over a month ago because I gave two different people eggs for hatching I contacted one lady today who has also been dealing with ILT and Coryza herself. Now this. I feel like crap.

Yah, I'm so sad about this. I am trying to remember all the symptoms from last year. There were maybe 3 of the original chickens that were sick Dec last year. I removed them immediately and kept them separate. But seriously, if these diseases can come in from birds and rodents, who knows. I'm just sad. I wish I knew over a month ago because I gave two different people eggs for hatching I contacted one lady today who has also been dealing with ILT and Coryza herself. Now this. I feel like crap.
:hugs:hugs

Can you get any of the antibiotics listed here:
20181031_175119-jpg.1577356

Coryza and ILT cannot be transmitted through hatching eggs, but MG sometimes can be egg transmitted. Of course there might be a chance the other diseases could have been on the surface of the eggs when sent to the people that hatched them.

You can't change what you didn't know. Very sorry for your diagnosis... but SOOO impressed with your persistence to find the TRUTH. :highfive:

Interesting note... NO presence of Marek's... despite the vets necropsy that "confirmed" it.

Hang in there. I can only imagine how frustrated I would be right now in your shoes. :hugs

You can't change what you didn't know. Very sorry for your diagnosis... but SOOO impressed with your persistence to find the TRUTH. :highfive:

Interesting note... NO presence of Marek's... despite the vets necropsy that "confirmed" it.

Hang in there. I can only imagine how frustrated I would be right now in your shoes. :hugs

I know, eh?! The preliminary report the day after I sent them in (a week ago today ) said there were lesions on one of the chickens' livers CONSISTENT with Marek's. Totally expecting it to be Marek's and had asked the vet handling this case if it could still be something else. I went over the sudden onset of symptoms just before I brought them in (sneezing and yellow foamy droppings) and he said it doesn't mean it was but still could be Marek's. Then yesterday this report. I was so shocked. But, I'm relieved to know it isn't Marek's. Soooo relieved. Although sad it's GP, ILT and Coryza, at least I can work through this. And had those few chickens not started to sneeze last week I would have continued to wait for another one to die rather than sacrificing 5 of them to figure this out.

Seriously my thoughts are that when we bought this farm last November) moved in a year ago today) they must have been sick, but other than 2 I immediately removed last December when I saw them sneeze (I'm a paranoid freak like that) none showed any signs until now. Even those ones I removed weren't sick just the sneeze that disappeared. So symptoms are obviously not that bad as images and articles say in health forums. They can be so mild it's barely noticeable. I mean what's a sneeze?

Unless they had built up resistance from an outbreak that happened before we got them and that's why signs were imperceptible? I don't know.

But anyway thank you all for your support and encouragement. As much as I don't want to cull these birds. I think it's the best thing for me my neighbors and ultimately the chickens. I can clean, scrub and sanitize everything, reseed the pasture and bring in birds that are vaccinated against everything.

Back
Top Bottom