1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

2-Marans Roosters-23 Weeks Old-(Splash & BCM) Beech Bluff, TN

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by mommachick1, Sep 22, 2013.

1. mommachick1

mommachick1 Chirping

Mar 19, 2012
    Metro Atlanta, GA
    Beech Bluff, TN (38313)-Near Pinson Mounds Area--Will ship to Lower 48 States except for WA & VA, or Local Pick Up

I have (2) 23 week old PURE BRED, Marans cockerels for sale. One is Splash & the other Black Copper.

Bought these hatching eggs from a breeder in Georgia who's breeding stock has a Blue Copper Marans rooster over BBS (Blue, Black, & Splash) Marans hens. The last photo is not my picture, it is the picture of the breeding stock of my rooster that's for sale. I bought hatching eggs from larkrise on BYC and have been very happy with the quality of chickens I have hatched from her.

Both hatched on 4/28/13 & the BCM roo started crowing young at only 8 weeks of age! They have been petted and handled often since they were hatched. They are very friendly, and have beautiful coloring & conformation. They are not the "French" Marans, meaning they do not have the full feathering on their legs and toes. The BCM does have a little bit of feathering though on the sides of his legs, but would be considered a "clean legged" or English Marans. The BCM's coloring is a rich, dark black, with hints of beetle green, and looks especially awesome in the sunlight. The Splash Marans is larger than the BCM roo, he's gonna be a big boy! They both will only get more handsome as they mature. The BCM's Pics were taken on 7/26/13 (12.5 weeks old) & on 8/16/13 (15.5 weeks old). The Splash Marans Pics were taken on 9/10/13 at 19.5 weeks old. The pics on the right side of the Splash Marans collage were taken on 7/05/13 at 9 weeks of age.

To good homes only. Shipping is available for an additional $65.00 for each rooster, which includes the cost of the box & USPS Express shipping charges. I will only ship if the temperature is 85 degrees or lower on both ends. However, I do prefer Local pick-up for the sake of the rooster. Pricing on these beautiful boys are $10.00/each OBO. Contact me if you have any questions. I do have other chickens available that are posted on Craig's List as well as other poultry websites. Right now I have mostly young cockerels for sale.

(2) Pure Chocolate Bantam Orpingtons Roosters (Greenfire Farm) breeding lines (30 weeks old).
    (1) Black Copper Marans Rooster (23 Weeks old)-Clean legged, BBS Marans
    (1) Splash Marans Rooster (23 Weeks old)-Clean legged, BBS Marans
    (2) Sicilian Buttercup Rooster (23 weeks old), hatchery grade
    (1) Oliver Egger Rooster (30 weeks old), Welsummer X Silkied Ameraucana cross

(1) Ameraucana (Black) X Rhode Island Red (RIR) cross Rooster (23 Weeks old)

I have the listing for these chickens on Craig's List as well as other poultry websites. Thanks for looking! Theresa at Sunnydale Farm. Facebook page link is https://www.facebook.com/SunnydaleFarm

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: