2 Missing - 2 Dead - 3 Survivors

MichelleF

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 1, 2014
Queensland Australia
Today I discovered 2 of my Hens dead in their run they look in perfect condition. I was shocked as we have had them 2 years or so with no problems. I then did a scan and noticed 2 hens missing no sign of feather or anything. Three are still fine. I am stumped as to what has gone on. Any theories!
Most concerned
sad.png

Today I discovered 2 of my Hens dead in their run they look in perfect condition. I was shocked as we have had them 2 years or so with no problems. I then did a scan and noticed 2 hens missing no sign of feather or anything. Three are still fine. I am stumped as to what has gone on. Any theories!
Most concerned
sad.png
welcome-byc.gif

Where do you live or keep chickens? Pictures would help. Are there any injuries on the hens' combs? What is your hens' current mental state? Pictures of your hens' housing would also help.

Ask the Moderator to help you post pictures.

Last edited:
I live in Australia Queensland. Remaining hens seems fine though one was calling out a lot today I think looking for her mates. the run is fenced well and no dog could get in but has no top they have a coop for nighttime which is enclosed. My husband thinks snake but would a snake kill more 4 chicken and eat two whole hens?? Must be an enormous and quick snake to my thinking! Fox? I think a fox would leave a mess behind but there is no sign of a struggle. Could birds carry a dead hen?

Back
Top Bottom