2 Month Old Chicken Vomitting

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by NoobChick858, Sep 18, 2013.

1. NoobChick858

NoobChick858 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2013
    So I came home to find that my 2 chickens ran out of water sometime between yesterday and today. When I gave them their water they drank nonstop, and are now regurgitating the water (sometimes it looks a little slimy). I understand that it could be because they're drinking way too fast and it doesn't stay in their crop when they lean over, but could this be a vicious cycle? Over drink, puke, over drink, puke. Because they've already done it a couple times. Or are they sick? They are eating though. Thanks in advance. I'm so worried...

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Dehydration causes vomiting. I would give them a little electrolyte in their water and some Greek yoghurt. How old are your chickens?

3. NoobChick858

Jul 30, 2013
    They're about 2 months old.

4. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Ok, so try them on some soft scrambled egg with a bit of plain yoghurt mixed in it. Make sure they have plenty of fresh water. If you dont have electrolyte 's , I'm told that a berocca tablet dissolved in their water is just as good. Gatorade is another alternative .

5. NoobChick858

Jul 30, 2013
    Great. Thank you so much! I will give that a try :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by