2 month old Sumatra.....Pullet???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Quail_Antwerp, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I just got this Sumatra chick today. She was sold to me as a pullet, but I'm not 100% sure. I am guessing "her" age to be around 2 months old. I'm not seeing anything that looks like saddle or hackle feathers, but I'm not that experienced with Sumatras yet. I'm hoping someone on here can give me a clear answer?

Pullet or cockerel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

At 2 months old, my Sumatra looked like a cockerel and I lived with the thought in my head that the hatchery messed me up. Now, at 4 months old, she is actually looking like a pullet. But your bird screams pullet to me. Tail, feathering, and face remind me more of a female than my Sumatra ever looked like.

3. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    She looks good to me. I like the green in her feathers. [​IMG]

4. Kovalciks Chickens

Kovalciks Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    It looks like a pullet.

How do you like sumatras? I am hoping to get a few this spring.

5. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:I love them!!! Suri (new pullet) is my first female, so I'm not sure how they are on egglaying, but my rooster Jett is absolutely THE most beautiful bird on my whole place!

Jett has a gorgeous loooong tail! And he does an exceptional job at keeping his feathers looking nice. Plus, we almost never know he's here! He crows quite a bit, but he mostly keeps to himself. Doesn't try to attack anyone or anything. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by