2 pips! Anyone else hatching now?

Mine all hatched out just fine -
woot.gif

4 out of 7 that were shipped - no complaints - and I knew three were no good by day 5 anyway but gave them until day 14 just in case - you never know, right ? - (two detached air cells and one just didn't develop) Day 21 was yesterday - and one had started the night before - three of the four were hatched by 8pm and the last was about a day behind - and hatched first thing this am. I have some pics, and will post them as soon as I can - my computers are having issues lately. grrr.
Anyway - there is a black, a grey, a silver and one that has a little of everything - some grey, black, silver and brown fuzz. sooo cute - especially when the peek out from under momma. I didn't use a bator - I have a couple of broody silkies.
ya.gif
wee.gif

Only problem I have now is that the other broody silkie wants chicks too ! she keeps pacing in front of the nest box with the chicks - poor thing - I feel bad for her now - hope she doesnt try to steel any !
hide.gif

Last edited:
Today is day 21, one egg has a hole about the size of a pea and hast not changed in the last 8 hours on has a little crack and the other 14 I see nothing . wenn I ( they) went into lockdown from the 16 eggs 12 looked good the others I was not sure so I left them in . but the 21 was 8:00 am this morning Hmmmmm

Kenny
Berlin

I am on day 21. Three chicks hatched out of 9 eggs. The other eggs don't have pips yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've had trouble this year with embryos dying in the shell (at 18 days and a few earlier on). I'm wondering if my ventilation has not been enough. I've been keeping the top hole plugged on my Genesis because the humidity keeps going down too fast if I don't. Anyone have any ideas?

Mine just went into the hatcher...day 18. have a dozen each of light, buff and dark Brahma. Gonna hook up my webcam so I can peek at them from work...if my home connection does not go down. How dare work interfere with hatching??? LOLOLOL Sometimes I will have hatch on day 19, sometimes not till day 23, you just never know.

Love seeing all the pics...sending out good hatching vibes to all!!!

Back
Top Bottom