2 pretty major drake issues

Adolfus Nile

Chirping
Jan 12, 2023
I keep a flock of pekins and a flock of runners atm and ive got 2 problems today. The pekin drake has his penis hanging out today and it doesnt look like hes putting it up. Could it be because hes too fat?

The second issue is a bit bigger, i brought a trio of ducks from my parents house yesterday, one male and 2 females. I kept them separate this morning by a fence and when i got home today they were all together and the new drake beat up my primary runner drake. Hes moving slow and sitting down a lot, had some blood on his back. I investigated him closer and it looks like he just had a bunch of feathers plucked off of his back. What should I do about this? I locked up the other drake, I intended to sell him but I might just have to eat him instead.

I just went ahead and sprayed him off with the hose, i figured that was a good move to help clean his back. he seemed like he liked it. For the pekin drake i put him in water which i havent seen him go in for a while, he seemed to really like it. Didnt help though. Would love quick responses to either question.

i once read about how to make your own vetericyn-type liquid with bleach and water. Not sure how much of each and what the process is maybe we can find that and pull it up for you

Back
Top Bottom