2 things about baby chicks... one question...one statement....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BellLisamo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    WHY DO THEY HAVE TO TRY TO EAT EACH OTHER FEET?!?!??!
    Poor chicks, they are getting dragged around by their toes by some of the other chicks. Cannibals i tell ya!!!

And i think i may have to seperate the phoenixs for the welsummers and marans, HOLY CRAP!!!! Phoenix chicks are wild and crazy, and mean!!! I just got attacked!!!! I was showing them the food and all the lil phoenixs ran up and pecked my ring like mad (shiny thing!!! get it!!!!)

ahahahhahahah anyone have phoenix chicks? they are NUTS!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] omg. i just read this post over, and it sounds like im the crazy one....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
  2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    A single response for both the question & the statement:

Because they're silly babies!

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    part of a chicken's make-up is to peck at anything little and light colored. they will peck at a shiny toenail, a little piece of food on another chicks' wing, EYEBALLS (ask me how i know that) etc!

they are goofy toddlers.

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:Oh how funny. But vicious little creatures!

ok ok ok how do you know they peck eyes? did you get pecked? i've seen em peck each other eyes.

omg as i right this, my hens and roo are singing the egg song... or is it a "happy new babys" song? hmmmm.....

5. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    One has gotten my eye before and yes, they love my rings...I find that all chickens are nuts but think of it in a good way. They are happy and healthy since they are running around. [​IMG]

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:go here for the crazy details.

7. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    hmmm, my chicks are all fairly nice to each other, but they have always LOVED to peck my rings... all of them... even my sweet angel, Lady Banks, who likes to sit on my lap and snuggle every chance she gets. Have EEs, Marans, Orpingtons, and a Mystery Chick. They ALL LOVE the rings!

But dragging around by the toes... that doesn't sound good...

8. kobesmom81

kobesmom81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Atwater, CA
    Out of all the chicks we have hatched, bought or somehow ended up with (we seem to always have more chicks than chickens and roosters! LOL) our phoenix's have been the loudest and wildest. DH built a special nursery outside for them because having them in the brooder box in the house was driving us nuts! And don't even think about trying to pick one up! LOL The marans and silkes and american games are love bugs, never hardly made a peep unless it was to let us know that food/water was low and didn't mind being held and cuddled! Phoenix's=crazy babies! Our phoenix mom and dad on the other hand are very gentle and well behaved.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by