2 week old chick

Sryals

In the Brooder
Oct 11, 2020
I have a chick that I got from someone else last Friday. This chick along with its siblings could walk. Well the last 3 days it lays and scoots around. Tried to get up and walk but does it at a bending. This chick “blue” eats and drinks and poops just fine. I have been giving life lytes and vitamin water along with chick feed and scrambled eggs. Blue is a fighter but needs help fighting. Is there anyone that has gone through this? If so please help Blue. There seems to be no other health issues just can’t walk and falls over to the right side.

It may be a genetic vitamin E deficiency. Try giving it vitamin E oil in its egg meals. If this is what it is, you should see very rapid improvement. Keep up the daily E for a few more days after it appears to be back to normal. You need to use vitamin E 400iu capsules since you chick vitamins won't have enough E to treat this.

Okay, I gave an E Capsule. Could not put in food because now Blue is fighting me at times to eat and drink. Still doing so just not as much. How often should I give the Capsule?

Can I not post a video? I wanted to show you how she will wake for a little while then pass back out. I can’t keep her awake not even when putting egg in her beak. She will eat it when she wakes then I put another in and try to wake her to eat it as well.

Well Blue is still just sleeping 24/7 with me making her eat and drink. This is day two on vitamin E and scrambled eggs. I am also giving her powdered egg shells and molasses. But so far no improvement.

Attachments

• 99256F7C-4462-4BDF-A5D8-CC16EB835A04.jpeg
    99256F7C-4462-4BDF-A5D8-CC16EB835A04.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom