2 week old Cornish X dying

The temperature seems ok by that picture.

How do their droppings look? Any diarrhea? If yes, it could be something like cocci.

Finally where did you get these chicks? Did problems start immediately, or only after you had been brooding them for a few days.

I can't say I've paid too much attention to their droppings but I think there may be a bit of diarrhoea. The feed is medicated tho...
Will have a better look.

How do I check this? It's just one from a local feed store.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

If it's from the feed store, it is probably fine as it would be sold as a bulb meant for brooding chicks. In general use, bulbs are sometimes coated with teflon to make them more shatterproof and would have a warning somewhere on them not to use around birds.

Not sure what is happening to your chicks. They may have just been sickly or weak when you bought them. I would add a little nutridrench (sold in most feed stores) to their water and see if that helps.

Is mushy chick disease a possibility? I've just been reading up on it and the symptoms seem to fit. There is one chick at the moment with a swollen behind. Seems to be quite old though? I have only had one chick die in the past week

Is mushy chick disease a possibility? I've just been reading up on it and the symptoms seem to fit. There is one chick at the moment with a swollen behind. Seems to be quite old though? I have only had one chick die in the past week
It is.
Age of death depends on how bad the infection is.

Back
Top Bottom