2 week old ducks legs check

Smbean

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2024
Hello! I have two about two week old ducklings. I have read a lot about niacin deficiencies and the issues to the legs. I wanted to share a photo and see if anything looks concerning (legs, hock joints, feet, etc). They eat and drink a ton. I used for 2 weeks the Dumor one but switched to the purina duck feed. Not sure if I should start supplementing with niacin or brewers yeast since the yellow one has grown a ton! Thank you!
1000010415.jpg

always supplement ducklings with nutritional yeast it’s not about their growth rate , the niacin is to prevent the leg problems that they need to have 1 tablespoon per cup of feed even if you’re using a duck feed. i think their legs look good so far but with ducks problems can come on quickly after a time of nutritional deficiency.
and yes ducks grow super fast!!! yours are adorable 🥰

Thank you so much! Is there a specific brand you could recommend that I could get today?

always supplement ducklings with nutritional yeast it’s not about their growth rate , the niacin is to prevent the leg problems that they need to have 1 tablespoon per cup of feed even if you’re using a duck feed. i think their legs look good so far but with ducks problems can come on quickly after a time of nutritional deficiency.
and yes ducks grow super fast!!! yours are adorable 🥰
Thank you for this information!!!!! I really appreciate it. Is there a specific brand you could recommend?

Yes, I agree with Jenbirdee, I’d supplement in nutritional yeast. I use Purina’s duck feed too, and while the niacin levels have been great for my adult ducks, I’m not going to trust that it’s good for my ducklings - even if it claims to be.. I give the extra 1 tbsp per cup of feed, and their legs are doing great.

i buy Braggs nutritional yeast and it’s so yummy I use it myself too sometimes in soups and salads 😁
Thank you! I am happy to have a direction to go next since when I do a general search, I get pulled in all different directions so this makes me more confident. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom