2 week old sneezer!

And that would be good for 7? I have 7 lol. That sounds like what I'm gonna have to do. Where at Walmart would I find those? And what kind do you mean? Like it's not a regular thermometer right?

It's easy to worry about babies, I get up several times in the night to check on chicks. :D If they peep extra loud at any time, I am there! :D

Birds will wipe their beaks on things after eating but definitely check to see if her nose is running. Do you know what her poop looks like?

The top of your brooder should be completely open with the exception of chicken wire or hardware cloth or some sort of airy screen. Chicks need a lot of fresh air and oxygen. There is ammonia in poop and if it can't air off it can burn the lungs, eyes and effect the skin too. Definitely post a photo of your set up when you can.

Of course if she isn't eating, drinking or looks cold, then there is definitely something else going on.
Poops are good. They're in a glass tank with a wire top.. I don't like the glass I think it makes them hotter. But yeah sorry I'll post one when I get a chance. It's definitely not big enough they're twice the size as when we got them so it has to be changed anyway.

Back
Top Bottom