2 weeks an still no answer!?!?!

I sent in mine about a month ago and no replies...but I'm sure they're busy. I've never had a problem with them before...I would just email and wait.
smile.png

I would never do business with them if they could not be respectful enough to answer my e-mails in a timely manner.

I really am surprised at how many people make excuses for them for their poor business practices. But they're Holderread's!!!
roll.png
It doesn't matter if you're breeding geese that lay golden eggs, you don't fail to respond to customers because you're "busy". If your business outgrows it's britches you either cut back or buy bigger britches. It's as simple as that. Dave could hire a local teenager with decent english skills for less than the cost of one of his birds per week and have timely customer service responses, but until people wipe the stars out of their eyes and expect the same caliber of service from him as they do other businesses he'll continue to pocket that whopping $50 a week and leave unsuspecting clients hanging.

I really am surprised at how many people make excuses for them for their poor business practices. But they're Holderread's!!! roll It doesn't matter if you're breeding geese that lay golden eggs, you don't fail to respond to customers because you're "busy". If your business outgrows it's britches you either cut back or buy bigger britches. It's as simple as that. Dave could hire a local teenager with decent english skills for less than the cost of one of his birds per week and have timely customer service responses, but until people wipe the stars out of their eyes and expect the same caliber of service from him as they do other businesses he'll continue to pocket that whopping $50 a week and leave unsuspecting clients hanging.

That's great and all, but Dave isn't exactly in it to expand. In fact, this last year he cut out a lot of his breeds to focus more on what he had available.

Yeah, he's a business, in the sense that I'm sure Dave makes enough money to have to file his taxes. But when it all comes down to it, I severely doubt he is calculating exactly how to increase his profit margins by another 4% this quarter.

Holderread's, for better or worse, is a hobby farm that does a lot of business, and makes enough money to make the effort worthwhile. Enough to not be declared, by the government, a hobby farm. But it all boils down to them doing this because they enjoy themselves. Cracking the whip isn't going to make them panic, hire some 15 year old nobody, and hope that they can keep the masses appeased. That's not what they are about. They have never been about that.

What's more, I have never heard of Holderread "pocketing" anyone's money. If someone doesn't like his timeliness they can request a refund and take their business elsewhere. They can find another breeder who probably has birds that are as good or better (Holderread has some great stuff, but he's not the only great breeder in America). They may be able to find the same prices (hah), or they may have to pay more.

No one is really "excusing" his behavior. We are simply saying Holderread didn't run off with this person's money and that they will return the message. If the individual is concerned they can write another message or call Holderread's farm and leave a message. Sometimes things get lost in the shuffle. Other times you think you replied to someone and didn't. I've done it before. We all have.

Personally, I am willing to give Holderread's farm a little more time than, say, a hatchery. The hatchery is a business. They are in that business to make money and, as a result, will try to figure out how they can get that extra 4% next quarter - which usually means not wasting money improving their quality (which probably isn't to standard in the first place). And while their employees are probably friendly, helpful people, you're still dealing with a terrible industry that intentionally and consistantly sells birds that barely resemble the breeds in which they are labeled in order to make a few dollars without going below the bottom line.

I will gladly give someone extra time for actually selling what they say they are selling. Especially when they have spent decades doing an incredible amount of work to improve and promote raising waterfowl.

Individuals who have dealt with Holderread will give him praise. Not because he is Holderread, but because we are pleased with what we received from them and we have been pleased with the amount of time they do put into answering questions thoroughly (see the Sebastopol email someone recently received that breaks down the genetics and history of angel wing in the breed).​

Never had a single complaint about holderreads. Order half a dozen times now and love the birds! Not every one of them has measured-up, but by ordering from them, a HUGE majority of them do, (better than the record with any hatchery.) Love them, and won't complain about them. Give them time.

Quote:
That's great and all, but Dave isn't exactly in it to expand. In fact, this last year he cut out a lot of his breeds to focus more on what he had available.

Yeah, he's a business, in the sense that I'm sure Dave makes enough money to have to file his taxes. But when it all comes down to it, I severely doubt he is calculating exactly how to increase his profit margins by another 4% this quarter.

Holderread's, for better or worse, is a hobby farm that does a lot of business, and makes enough money to make the effort worthwhile. Enough to not be declared, by the government, a hobby farm. But it all boils down to them doing this because they enjoy themselves. Cracking the whip isn't going to make them panic, hire some 15 year old nobody, and hope that they can keep the masses appeased. That's not what they are about. They have never been about that.

What's more, I have never heard of Holderread "pocketing" anyone's money. If someone doesn't like his timeliness they can request a refund and take their business elsewhere. They can find another breeder who probably has birds that are as good or better (Holderread has some great stuff, but he's not the only great breeder in America). They may be able to find the same prices (hah), or they may have to pay more.

No one is really "excusing" his behavior. We are simply saying Holderread didn't run off with this person's money and that they will return the message. If the individual is concerned they can write another message or call Holderread's farm and leave a message. Sometimes things get lost in the shuffle. Other times you think you replied to someone and didn't. I've done it before. We all have.

Personally, I am willing to give Holderread's farm a little more time than, say, a hatchery. The hatchery is a business. They are in that business to make money and, as a result, will try to figure out how they can get that extra 4% next quarter - which usually means not wasting money improving their quality (which probably isn't to standard in the first place). And while their employees are probably friendly, helpful people, you're still dealing with a terrible industry that intentionally and consistantly sells birds that barely resemble the breeds in which they are labeled in order to make a few dollars without going below the bottom line.

I will gladly give someone extra time for actually selling what they say they are selling. Especially when they have spent decades doing an incredible amount of work to improve and promote raising waterfowl.

Individuals who have dealt with Holderread will give him praise. Not because he is Holderread, but because we are pleased with what we received from them and we have been pleased with the amount of time they do put into answering questions thoroughly (see the Sebastopol email someone recently received that breaks down the genetics and history of angel wing in the breed).

Well said...

Quote:
And this was a deposit for next years hatch right? It is funny to watch SOME PEOPLE make a big deal out of nothing. If they don't like the service they CAN go elsewhere rather than slinging poop on the rep of someone who has so many satisified customers. They might ask themselves WHY does he have so many satisified customers before they get their hands in the poop. Count me as one of his satisified customers about $1200 worth so far...

Back
Top Bottom