1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

20 americauna eggs We have 7 babies, but one is not good.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by equine chick, Apr 28, 2008.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I have not had a whole lot a luck with this which I think is due to the lg but they are in a forced air hovabator to hatch. I'm still waiting on my 1588, I ordered over 4 weeks ago. First I ordered on ebay with double supply as a buy now and they never shipped my product said it would take 3-4 weeks. So after some rude communication on their part I cancelled and I ordered from cutler and they put me on back order too. They are due a shipment this week maybe I will have it by the time my next ones are suppose to hatch.
    Anyways they are at about 100 degrees, my humidity is a little high at 68% but I just took out the water rag I had and opened a vent. I will now sit on my hands and not open. I swear that is the hardest part.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    The IBW process, as illustrated by BYC smilies....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck with the hatch!

3. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Hi Equine Chick, I talked with Cutler on Friday and placed an order. They were out of stock on the 1588, but said their truck was loaded and leaving Georgia that afternoon. She said, they will ship my order on Monday if all goes well.

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Good luck! [​IMG]

5. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Thanks eggs I got an email on thursday saying they were expecting a shipment the early part of this week so maybe mine will be here soon.

6. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    The waiting is the hardest part, this drives me crazy. I'm on day 19 and sitting on my hands. It stinks I work all week til friday, hopefully by then I'll have some lil chickies to love on. I got word from cutler the bator will be here tomorrow.

7. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Day 19 is tomorow for me! I hate the waiting too! I am hatching blue silkes and I really want to see those fluffy butts! [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good luck! I'm officially into Day20 now on the second part of my staggered hatch. 9 Buff Orps, 1 Blue Orp.

9. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    good luck everyone. Cyn, maybe by tomorrow morning you will have some pips.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I hope I do tonight! It's hard sitting on your hands, but you're doing what's best for the babies, just remember that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by