20 Button Quail eggs, $15 includes shipping-SC

No, you cannot ship to Australia. They have some of the strictest import laws of any country. They even give a hard time on anything made of animal parts i.e. leather. It must be new, and made in a modern factory. Here is their statement of prohibited egg items: all whole, dried and powdered eggs, and egg products that contain more than 10 per cent egg as an ingredient, such as mayonnaise

They would have to be quarantined, plus the OP would have to get her birds tested, and it costs a lot of money. By the time they would get to you they wouldn't be any good.

It's illegal to ship eggs or poultry or their parts and pieces outside or into the US.
Eggs are classes as parts or by products and are not allowed under that law. I tried to send some to a e-mail friend over in the U.K. earlier this year, but had my P.O. lady check into the laws first, there's a ton of them!

You have to file a customs claims form when you do overseas shipping at the P.O., and it is to solely know the contents of the package, so even if you tried to sneak them out by lying, the consequences would be horrible if you were to get caught. Just aint worth it.
You use to be able to get import/export licences for poultry back in the day , before the avian flu scare, but since then, (2001 or so) they have put an end to it all together.

I'd be interested in the eggs from both of you actually. Have been thinking of trying some buttons, but dont know much about them?? Any advice would be nice..... Prefered housing, size, general care.
I'm a birds pro, so no need to get too technical, but just havent ever tried the buttons
Thanks
Aubrey

Quote:
Buttons are easy, IMO, they are just smaller than other birds. Like any game bird they need higher protein feed, and you have to grind it when they are real small. A pair of buttons (male/female, male/male, female, female) can be housed in an area the size of a 10 gallon fish tank. I have my buttons in group pens. If you saw my ad, you see how many birds are in each group. Pens 1&2 are in top and bottom of a Rat Manor cage, and pen 3 is in a 2'x3' plastic tote. Since they were hatched together they do well living together. Probably the biggest problem with this is that the hens can't really hatch their own babies in a group pen, since the others could hurt them. They shouldn't be kept on wire since their feet are so small. They also need to be kept warm in the winter. I believe I've read that they are cold-tolerant to about 20 degrees, but they'd have to have something where they could snuggle together to keep warm. They are ground-dwellers, so they don't need much head room. The cage I'm making for mine has a height of 12" more or less.
If you need anymore info, just ask away
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom