$200 chicken?

Quote:
Well I don't know like wouldn't they be like shaven or something? I know we are tiptoeing a forbidden subject here. But I think we can still still discuss the breed without falling into that subject.

Quote:
what it boils down to is a chicken regardless of what a person intends to sell it for meets its fate in the hands of the buyer. a guy may sell a bird for the intent of breeding and the buyer may be thinking dinner.
roll.png

whether a bird is "shaved" "plucked" etc or not has nothing to do with breeding or what breed it is, therefore it is an invalid point in the quest for knowledge as to the breed of chickens in the picture
hmm.png
- which has been answered via translation.

I think Eduardo if you want to know things like what your asking here your better talking to someone offsite who knows the breeds, so as not to let the thread fall into "forbidden territory". just saying I'd hate for this rather tame and informational thread to get locked is all.
smile.png

Isnt this just for educational purposes?
Tiptoeing? Might be more like jumping in and out....
wink.png

Chris

Quote:
what it boils down to is a chicken regardless of what a person intends to sell it for meets its fate in the hands of the buyer. a guy may sell a bird for the intent of breeding and the buyer may be thinking dinner.
roll.png

whether a bird is "shaved" "plucked" etc or not has nothing to do with breeding or what breed it is, therefore it is an invalid point in the quest for knowledge as to the breed of chickens in the picture
hmm.png
- which has been answered via translation.

I think Eduardo if you want to know things like what your asking here your better talking to someone offsite who knows the breeds, so as not to let the thread fall into "forbidden territory". just saying I'd hate for this rather tame and informational thread to get locked is all.
smile.png

I think you make excellent points. I'm just interested in having birds that can be sustainable. (I don't have $200 anyway lol) As for the other thing I didn't think of it until after I had posted it and the thread was already 3 pages long by then. I thank everyone for taking the time to type all this valuable information. When I was little I thought that fighting chickens were born with no feathers on their legs. Sort of like naked legs.

Quote:
Just a chicken? I've seen Coronation Sussex being sold on egg bid for way more than $200 a bird. Eduardo, you've got to take into consideration the rarity of the breed in consideration. The more difficult it is to find, the higher the price. And yes, there are folks that would pay the price to have them whether they be for mass production, breed preservation, or exhibition purposes.

Eduardo - you're living in Puerto Rico, correct?

Last edited:
Quote:
Not to nitpick, but puerto rico is "here"

So all US laws completely apply in Puetro Rico? I didn't realize that.

Bob

I think the point he was making was the inverse to that. Ans actually PR law is very complex, we got Federal laws and state laws and it's kind of a mix of both. But in this in particular, yes it is legal down here. Never seen it but it is legal.

Quote:
There si a big difference between what you want for something and what someone is willing to pay. There is a gal on our craigslist selling "heritage" turkens and blue slate turkeys for $35 per day old chick. Whether anyone is, quite honestly, dumb enough to pay that outrageous amount for the chicks is a totally different matter.

Quote:
There si a big difference between what you want for something and what someone is willing to pay. There is a gal on our craigslist selling "heritage" turkens and blue slate turkeys for $35 per day old chick. Whether anyone is, quite honestly, dumb enough to pay that outrageous amount for the chicks is a totally different matter.

I deal with memorabilia, and i have learned that any thing is worth and anyone is willing to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom