2009 Quilt block of the month - February

Quote:
I have some fabric in the attic, not sure what size, and dont know nothin about sewing quilt blocks I just raise my number they give them to me at the end of the day. The Amish Ladies make real preaty quilts. What do you have to do to a Block to make it a quilt block?? I thought you had to sit around the table looking thing sharing gossip to make a proper quilt. Would this be a electronic quilt rack and we could just badmouth family(BYC) members that are not watching????

looks like just putting a couple pieces together till the reach the size you want them to be, why not just get a 6ft by 6ft block and be done with it already????

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
just like a man, but not a bad idea
lau.gif

Ok, you guys got me... I'm in!
big_smile.png
This sounds like fun!

I'm all for 12" blocks, too.

As for colors... ummmm... I like lots of colors! I guess I prefer kind of earthy tones (browns, olive greens, tans) or country colors (deep reds, greens, blues, mustard yellow, etc.). It's almost easier to say what I don't like: pinks, purples (like a really deep purple might be ok, though), bright white, or really bright colors. Lol... now I'm the one being picky!

Okay now your all in trouble you got me thinking about this, and when I start thinking trouble is usually close behind, but sometimes I do good.

Month 1 a to b
month 2 a to c
month 3 a to d etc..........

At 12in squares you are gonna need 36 squares to make a King size quilt assuming you have a 12 inch border. Are you with me still???

after 36 months most of you(women folk)
ep.gif
will have changed your minds as to what color/pattern/size you want so you will never get done. Why not:
month 1 a sends to b,c,d,e,f,g
month 2 a sends to h,i,j,k,l,m

Once you have the sewing machine going go ahead and make 6 instead of just 1

that way you'll have less time to change your minds(not that you wont, but hopefully not all will) AND you can complete your quilt in 6 months instead of 3 years???
hu.gif

Quote:
smack.gif
we can always make up our OWN squares as well. some folk don' thave a king size bed to cover, someone might want to make a baby quilt or wall hanging.
Making just one a month, gives more time to work on our other projects while staying in the loop with the girls. we get the chance to work with colors we might not normally use.

I personally don't want to make 6 blocks to send out all at one time, I prefer just one, less stress - if I mess up I can make another etc. etc...

I'm in.

12 inch block, pastels or some sort of baby theme, 13 inches unfinished (I'm bad at straight lines, so I'm giving myself some wiggle room until I get better at it).

can we agree to make more than one per month, so I would be persons a, b, and c, and just start off sending to person d in the first month, for example? or is that too confusing?

Pick me pick me !!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
I want in too.

As for size 12.5 is good anything to do with chickens horses or farm stuff. Color is easy anything but dark or load colors. This is so cool I have alot of blockes I want to make now I have a reason to try and see which ones I'd like to make quilts with
Theresa

Back
Top Bottom