2009 Quilt block of the month - February

Quote:
Great so now I have a king size quilt with 35 blocks that look the same and your yellow and green one in the middle.

I guess if you want to make a baby quilt 1 a month would work you would have it done by august. Is it a boy or girl or doenst that matter??

What is a wall hanging? quilt blocks on the wall, I guess a 12 inch square could cover a hole here and there, but no one is making me take down the gambling dogs for a couple of quilt blocks.
barnie.gif

Quote:
You're such a trouble maker!
lau.gif
We're picking the colors we want, so we'll get a variety but won't have an odd one sticking out in the middle.
th.gif
and if someone is allergic to a particular color - we will make note - provide medication and continue sending blocks and avoid that color for them!

another quick question:

the blocks don't have to be very detailed or difficult to make right? not necessarily plain, but also not necessarily out of my abilities, right?

O.K. see what happens when I have to work outside.
gig.gif

2 pages later and I'm here.

bookworm----The blocks can be from.... very easy to difficult, the design you use is totally up to you. I really don't think anyone will be dis-satisified with any of the work from the people here.
smile.png

You all have great ideas, don't get me wrong. Wildsky and I thought this through and came to the Once-A-Month. Reason being, so you would not be bogged down with making lots of blocks in a short period of time.

You can use the blocks as soon as you get them or you could incorporate them into another piece that you may be working on.

Also, if you would like to send more than one block, that will be totally up to you, but don't expect to receive the same amount you send.

I think we should keep it simple and make 12 1/2 inch blocks (unfinished) this way nobody will have different sizes coming in.

Also, I would suggest no wild or neon colors being used in the blocks. I know there are a lot of nice colors and prints out there but just because it may be $1 a yard doesn't mean its worth it.

If it takes me 2 or 3 years to get a quilt done through BYC then so be it, it will still be a cherished piece to me.

This swap is for fun, fellowship between members, and to learn from each other, so please let's all strive to do our best.

I am so ready for Feb. 1st
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom